The objectives of an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in higher education institutions are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To provide a platform for sharing of best practices and experiences among institutions.
- To build a quality system for sustainability, consolidation, and continuous improvement of the institution.
- To ensure accountability and transparency in institutional functioning towards enhancement of quality.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve academic and administrative processes.
- To develop a sense of ownership and involvement in the quality assurance process by all stakeholders.