Training the students to become well disciplined and knowledgeable in the field of Computer Science and Engineering
Department mission is to make innovative thinking engineers and to produce skilled software engineers. The department of Computer Science and Engineering has progressed with a strong determination to developing competent programs, uncompromising in standards. The department has full fledged faculty members with experience in industry and teaching, which leads the students to get employment in the market. The department encourages the faculty members and the students to participate paper presentations, seminars, workshops and National and International conferences.
To propagate and disseminate knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering discipline to the society through the student and faculty. To encourage students to serve social causes by Application of their specialized knowledge paving way to Better life for Humanity. To promote the concept of lifelong learning among faculty members
We have conducted campus interviews with big companies such as IBM, TCS, etc and provided a great career base to all of our students. this campus interviews program will be taken care and monitored by our special placement cell.
The department encourages the faculty members to undertake research activities. The department is equipped with state-of-art laboratories and the computers have sophisticated development software tools. The department provides training to its students in advanced technologies like .NET, FLEX, Data Warehousing, Data Mining tools and Data storage systems as a supplement to the curriculum to enhance the employability of students. The department conducted various workshops with collaboration of JKC, IBM, Infosys, Emc2. Our senior faculty members are the members of Computer Society of India, ISTE, IEEE
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
PEO I: Graduates will apply knowledge across the disciplines and in emerging areas of Computer Science and Engineering for higher studies, research, employability, product development and handle the realistic problems.
PEO II: Graduates will solve problems in modern technological society as valuable and productive Engineers.
PEO III: Graduates have to be sensitive to the consequences of their work, both ethically and professionally, for productive professional careers.